Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Basement and backyard


This brings us to the last floor of the house - the basement.
The house came with an unfinished basement. The previous owner was in the process of updating it with a bathroom and had begun installing the walls. There is a tiny room (need to hunch down to enter) that could be used for storage. Another room that faces the front of the house with a large window. Mr. L, plans to use it as his hobby room - I like that he will have natural light to work with.

There is a section with the washer- dryer and other units followed by a unfinished bathroom and a large space that opens out into the backyard.

For now we have decided not to work on the basement - mainly because we do not have the time and the resources to complete it before we move in in April. I guess we will have plenty of projects in this house to keep us busy over our weekends.

 There is a lot of storage space - I should be careful about how I use this without become a hoarder.


The backyard has a little water pool. It is hard to spot it next to the flamingo and with all the uncontrolled creepers. The backyard is large enough to hold a herb garden but too small to plant other veggies. I think I could get by with some peppers and tomatoes. There is plenty space to have potted plants too. Will have to put on my creative hat to figure out how to best use this space. I want to use the organic waste from the kitchen to make compost - probably make it in stacked  bins.

No comments:

Post a Comment